[CT Birds] Snowy Owls Keith's post (read it!)

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Thu Dec 5 18:04:45 EST 2013

I've been pondering putting in my thoughts on the Snowy Owl event, or more specifically birders' response to it, but Keith Mueller covered my feelings very closely in a post he entered a few minutes ago. It's long but really worth reading. Of special interest is the idea that these irruptions are not solely the result of failed food supplies, but also often tied strongly to very successful breeding seasons by the species doing the irrupting (in this case Snowy Owls).
Greg Hanisek