[CT Birds] Snowys Re: CTBirds Digest, Vol 2475, Issue 2

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Thu Dec 5 18:27:20 EST 2013

My two-cents re the Snowy issue.  I was surprised to see several posts on a few different birding facebook pages the are discussing the Snowy invasion and how people need to back off during the day only to ssee a comment that "the birds rest during the day and eat at night so what's the problem?"!  The problem is that person is an idiot.  Snowy Owls, unlike most Owls, hunt during the day and that is why is is even more important that everyone give them a wide berth (better yet don't go looking for them). How can these young, confused, hungry birds hunt for prey with 20 or so people standing 100 feet away gawking at them????
Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT