[CT Birds] Barnacle Goose

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Fri Dec 6 10:46:17 EST 2013

The Barnacle Goose continues in Somers in the Corn field located west/southwest of the intersection of Four Bridges Road and Georgewood/Durkee Rd.  It is among 300 or so Canadas.   I do not have a scope, so I have not been able to see if the bird is banded.  Would be nice if the bird is a vagrant from Greenland, but I guess it is also possible that this is an escaped bird??.  Would love to add this bird to my LL, but  not sure if it is legit.

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Principal Consultant
Environmental Resources Management
99 East River Drive, 3rd Floor