[CT Birds] Snowy Owl habits

pfavreau at cox.net pfavreau at cox.net
Fri Dec 6 18:44:32 EST 2013

I would offer owlinstitute.org as a reference for Owl information -website of the Owl Research Institute. Denver Holt & team have studied Snowy Owls in Barrows, AK for over 20 years. Their web description says "Unlike many other owls, Snowy owls are not nocturnal, and can be seen hunting any time of the day or night." And the Hunting tab says " Mostly diurnal, but will hunt any time of day in the constant daylight of Arctic summer".
I've taken classes/workshops from Denver & thought I recalled learning that from him - so wanted to share.
Patrice F.