[CT Birds] Thimble Islands charter boat trip sign-up GREAT OPPORTUNITY

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sun Dec 8 08:26:50 EST 2013

I would like to add that this is a great opportunity to bird areas
that are rarely visited by birders. The planned voyage is to travel
from Guilford Harbor and search the waters around Faulkner's Island (4
miles offshore) and Goose Rocks (just west of Faulkner's), Half Acre
Reef just east of Guilford Harbor, Lobster Rock (west of Guilford
Harbor), the waters off Sachem Head including Goose Island, Great
Harbor, Thimble Islands (off Branford and Pine Orchard), Islands and
Islets outside Branford Harbor, and the outer Islands and Islets of
Branford/East Haven area.

There is never any guarantee for the birds seen, but this area is
notorious for huge concentrations of Greater Scaup and Seaducks
including Eider, Goldeneye, possible Razorbill, (I sighted 2 Black
Guillemot in the 80's here- one near Lobster Rock and one by Goose
Rocks near Faulkner's), Gannets, Gulls, Great Cormorant, Common and
Red-throated Loons, Snowy Owls and Peregrine Falcons are seen here
(Tom and I had a distant probable sighting of a Snowy Owl here last
week), Purple Sandpipers and many other species are all possible.

There is  limited space available for this wonderful opportunity,
don't hesitate!

This will be a one-of-a-kind birding adventure in CT.

Keith Mueller