[CT Birds] Forked-tailed Flycatcher

Jeff Feldmann jeff at jeffphotos.com
Sun Dec 8 17:21:48 EST 2013

To day I returned to the Hadlyme site where I first this bird. ( 9:00am )
It was colder there than in Hartford.  At least 6-8 birders were already
there.  First saw it behind the outhouses than it flew to the cedar gate
then to the trees near the entrance and to private house, south of the
ferry slip ( gone for at least 15 minutes )  It returned again to start the
process over again. This time it stopped in the same area I first saw it
and the irony about this is, that here was the place I got my best photos
of the day...More than 15 birder were there by 10:30am...A VERY good
photographer from Ct brought his 800mm lens and I look forward to seeing
the results..I'm sure glad that so many people got to see this flycatcher.
The down side is I feel it will not find a warmer climate to continue it's
life....Jeff Feldmann