[CT Birds] Lake Gaillard

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sun Dec 8 23:53:30 EST 2013

Vanessa and I were cutting our Christmas Tree at the Farm at Lake Gaillard this morning and there was quite a collection of interesting things about. 1 Eastern Phoebe in the tree farm, 1 male Purple Finch eating honysuckle berries in a cedar, 1 Gray Catbird with a Hermit Thrush and robins in the thickets, 8+ Yellow-rumped Warblers, 1-2 Gold-crowned Kinglets, and a distant raptor that may have been a red-shouldered hawk. There were lots of juncos, white-throated sparrows, cardinals, and a couple of Red-bellied Woodpeckers, flickers, and carolina wrens.. I wish I could get in there for the CBC... It would make a nice list for the count.  The cedar cone crop was amazing in there..

Frank Gallo & Vanessa Mickan
Life is short. Bird often.