[CT Birds] Port Authority is working to move immediately to a trapping program. Yeah!

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 20:40:11 EST 2013

Via Michael Shanley on New York Birders Facebook page:

This release came to me from a friend who is close to the Port Authority. I
dont have a link yet, but the release should be going live soon if it
hasn't already. Good work everyone!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 9, 2013

CONTACT: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
212-435-7777

STATEMENT FROM THE PORT AUTHORITY ON SNOWY OWLS

“The Port Authority is working with the New York State Department of
Environmental Conservation to move immediately toward implementing a
program to trap and relocate snowy owls that pose a threat to aircraft at
JFK and LaGuardia airports. The Port Authority’s goal is to strike a
balance in humanely controlling bird populations at and around the agency’s
airports to safeguard passengers on thousands of aircrafts each day. Over
the past two weeks, five planes at JFK, Newark Liberty and LaGuardia
airports were struck by snowy owls that have been migrating to our region
in far higher than typical numbers this year.”

--
Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works - http://greatblue.com