[CT Birds] Fork-tailed FC 1:00-1:45pm

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:18:08 EST 2013

From Dan Rottino & family with Paul Lagasi and Rick Paulin from Canada:
12/10/13-- Lyme, Hadlyme Ferry Slip- 1:45pm and snowing lightly;  1 FORK-TAILED FLYCATCHER showing well in a small tree by the ferry parking lot entrance, and also on the wooden crossbar at the opposite end of the parking lot.

Paul and Rick left Ontario this morning around 4am and arrived at the Hadlyme Ferry about 12:30pm.  They found the bird about 1pm, and I arrived at 1:30.  After seeing the amazing bird, we enjoyed some bird chitchat and refreshments at the Hadlyme Country Store at the Four Corners intersection on rte 82.  Paul has missed this bird before, so he was very excited to get it this time.  They are also excited to see the large numbers of birds here compared to where they came from.  We take our tufted titmice for granted.  Despite the snow, the temps seem to be mild so far, so the FTFC is active and well today.

Dan Rottino,
Ambassador of the Day
East Haddam