[CT Birds] NY Airports killing Snowys :(

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Mon Dec 9 12:10:31 EST 2013

Really outrageous....Snowy Owls, Eagles, what next!? I am not sure why
there isn't more public outrage....there seems to be a nauseating
amount of public outcry from all the northeastern states Listservs
when a photographer (supposedly) walks a few centimeters too close to
a Snowy Owl! But nothing when Bald and Golden Eagles are now going to
be permitted (with 30 year permits) to be slaughtered in the name of
windfarms! It took so many years to bring the Eagles back, for what?
Logan used to use trained Falconers with Golden Eagles to drive the
Snowy Owls off the airport....not sure if they still do, but shooting

Keith Mueller