[CT Birds] Prime directive

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 16:26:01 EST 2013

Chris:  Forgive me for waxing philosophical but science fiction doesn't do
it for me as a rule of life.
Guess you would have to say that I march to the beat of a different prime
We have never hesitated to kill off nature when it has suited our fancy.  I
for one applaud the impulse to do  little (very little in the great scope
of things) acts of mercy when the opportunities present themselves.
Interesting how much energy we can invest in Not interfering in one
direction while not hesitating to interfere in the other direction.
As an amateur theologian I would even go so far as to speculate on the
abysmal nature of the human race in the future if we keep stifling the urge
to show mercy.  Could have more effect on the quality of life in the long
run than the potential negative effects of rescuing one flycatcher or
Thanks for raising this question again.  It can only be good for us to
continue to struggle with it.