[CT Birds] Spare any (used or not) Binoculars out there, for rural Ecuador?

Mark Aronson markaronson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 07:51:10 EST 2013

Hi Birders,

I ask if anyone has an old (or new) pair(s) of waterproof binoculars to
donate to a rural biological research station on the east slope of
Ecuador's Andes.

Jose Simbana, the station manager at Yanayaku Biological Station, works
with the local school kids and young adults in the area to help educate
about nature, the cloud forest, and develop knowledgable naturalists for
ecotourism and conservation.

He also organizes the Cosanga/Narupa Christmas Count.

I am going to the count, and Jose has asked if I can scare up some used
(reasonably good/waterproof) optics.

Short notice - I leave late this Saturday night, but I have room for a
couple pairs if anyone can donate them - email me to markaronson at gmail
dot com, or 203 671 3982.  I live in New Haven and can possibly make a pick
up before Saturday afternoon.

For more information on Yanayaku see:

For more information on the Cosanga/Narupa Christmas count see:

Good Birding.