[CT Birds] Harlequin Duck continues 12/16, 11 AM

mresch8702 at aol.com mresch8702 at aol.com
Mon Dec 16 11:11:18 EST 2013

The female Harlequin Duck continues near Merwin Point as of 11 AM (12/16).  It was actually in the cove just a bit west of the point actively diving, so it was under the water a large portion of the time.  I parked at Sloppy Jose's (186 Hillside Ave.) and poked my head between a couple houses to look into the cove to the northeast (the large american flag out on the rocky island was in the background).

Great find Frank et. al. !

Mike Resch
www.statebirding.blogspot.com
Pepperell, MA