[CT Birds] Chickadees and Titmice

Joe Zygala shilohdad01 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 18:29:24 EST 2013

I generally get a few more Titmice than Chickadees. Average seems to be about 4 Chickadees to 5 Titmice. I have not noticed any real competition between them. They tend to be "crash and dash" birds. They come in, grab a few seeds and take them off to consume. If anything, the titmice squabble amongst themselves, and the chickadees are more easy going.  The finch types (gold and house) are the ones who sit there and hog the feeders, keeping others off.

Joe Zygala
South Salem, NY (a.k.a., West Ridgefield)

Sent from my iPad