[CT Birds] CT Boreal Chickadees

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 23:14:12 EST 2013

The last Boreal Chickadee that I remember in Connecticut was at Hammonasset around the late fall of 2000.  An observer saw one at the western end of the park and came to get a bunch of us at the eastern end.  We found a nice mixed flock in the area, but the birds were moving further west and out of the park.  One bird flew out and away that only a few got a decent look at - a Black-throated Gray Warbler.  I am assuming 2000 because it was a year or two later that another Black-throated Gray Warbler settled in on Willard's Island at Hammo in November+ in 2002.  Does anyone remember another Boreal Chickadee since then?

Glenn Williams
Mystic