[CT Birds] Chickadee chatter

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 18 11:37:42 EST 2013

Enjoyed the various comments and data concerning the black-capped chickadees here. One of my favorite bird species and I love the other chickadee species too. I am in the habit of taking down my solo black-oiled sunflower bird feeder at night here because of past raccoon trouble. When I go to put my feeder up in the morning there are usually a couple of black-capped chickadees waiting not too patiently for me to get the feeder in place. By the way the Irish cousin, in terms of looks, of the black-capped chickadee is the coal tit.

David W Babington
Washington, CT