[CT Birds] Chickadee chatter

David F Provencher (Generation - 4) david.f.provencher at dom.com
Wed Dec 18 13:05:14 EST 2013

Around here you're absolutely right Steve, but in the White Mountains the Gray Jays are the easiest. It doesn't take any patience because they'll just land on your hand and eat your food if you're not paying attention. Hence one of their colloquial names, "Camp Robber".

I've never seen any evidence that Boreal Chickadees consider humans as a food provider the way Black-capped do, and I wouldn't expect them to.

Dave