[CT Birds] Chickadees

Al Collins aecollins83 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 11:08:15 EST 2013

Looking at this conversation about Black capped and Boreal Chickadees from the other compass point, I wonder if a scarcity (if it exists) could be part of a gradual northerly range shift in Black-capped. If so, then we should probably be looking and listening a lot more closely to the presumed Black-capped for signs of Carolina or Black-capped x Carolina. eBird has records for Carolina from Long Island and the New York City area; it's possible we have missed some here.