[CT Birds] Shrike & Snowy owl

dhansen2 at mindspring.com dhansen2 at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 20 16:37:37 EST 2013

A snowy owl flew over Bloomfield Ave. as I drove out of the University of Hartford yesterday (Thursday) headed toward Cottage Grove. Almost rear-ended the guy in front of me! Then, today as I drove on the road at the foot of Talcott Mountain between Avon & Simsbury, I spotted a Loggerhead Shrike puffed up in the sun in a viney tree next to the road a few hundred yards from the intersection of 185 where the large Pinchot Sycamore stands. Haven't seen one of those guys since leaving Kansas. They must be enjoying the warmer temps too.
Dee Hansen
Manchester