[CT Birds] Rough-legged Hawk

Timothy L Thompson twodogs77 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 19 10:23:30 EST 2013

12/19 - Hammo
Rough-legged Hawk seen from Cedar Island viewing platform looking north.   Hawk fluttering over marsh grass as you look towards white buildings (far left) w/ dirt piles to the right, on opposite side of river. Also....Grey Ghost + female, DUNL, BBPL, AMPI, SAND and other goodies. nice birdie morning and getting better!  I left Hammo yesterday @ 4:45pm w/Snowy Owl flying right at me and twenty feet over my head! Snowy banked and landed on gable end of eastern most building, in front of Nature Center.  Still there when Ranger kicked me out!  Not seen this morning.

Timothy L. Thompson