[CT Birds] Old Saybrook Eurasian Wigeon

Rick Gedney rrged at comcast.net
Fri Dec 20 17:52:08 EST 2013

>From Rick Gedney:

3:00 PM  Old Saybrook.  Drake Eurasian Wigeon continues at South Cove.  Great looks scoping from Clinton Ave. as bird walked on ice.  EW with 20+ American Wigeon to far west of cove where small channel in ice cover.   From the causeway - very good numbers of many species of dabblers and divers in cove - mostly to west side of causeway.  I will be back to scope from causeway in AM hours to get sun behind me.  Better numbers of Gadwall than I have seen in a while.