[CT Birds] Stratford Iceland Gull

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 24 10:28:10 EST 2013

Hi Sara,
I've been trying to sort it out as well. I just saw and photographed it with Julian Hough at Long Beach. Superficially it's a big white Glaucous-like gull. But photos of the wing and bill prove, in Julian's mind, that it's a large Kumlien's Iceland Gull (2nd winter) - likely the same confusing bird as last winter?
Julian said he'd post something about the ID later.
Frank Mantlik
Stratford
Ps the 2 snowy owls were flushed out into the marsh by someone with a point and shoot camera (so I'm told).
Sent from my iPhone