[CT Birds] Biking for Birds 2014 Big Year blog launch!

Dorian Anderson dca at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Dec 24 17:26:23 EST 2013

Hello CT birders!

As promised, here is a link to my blog for next year. For those that have
no idea to what I am referring, let me fill you it. In just 7 days I am
setting off an what is sure to be the adventure of a lifetime. I am going
to attempt a continent wide big year during which I will use no petroleum,
electricity, or natural gas. I will be biking and walking from one coast to
the other. The entire adventure will be used as a fundraiser for bird
conservation. I won't rehash everything here as all the information about
this journey can be found at my blog:

http://bikingforbirds.blogspot.com.

I am looking forward to finding many birds and meeting many new friends
next year. I am still fielding offers from people who wold be willing to
host me for a night on this journey, so please email me at
bikingforbirds at gmail.com if you want to be a part of this adventure. I will
be riding through Connecticut sometime between approximately January 7 and
17. I have had some really nice lodging offers from folks on this board,
and it would be great to bird with some of you should I be in your general
vicinity during this window. The fundraising portal is open, so feel free
to visit it. None of the money will touch my hands, and it will go directly
to my partner organizations The Conservation Fund and the American Birding
Association.

OK, that's it for the moment. Please have a look at the blog and shoot me
an email if you want to be a part of the project!

Cheers
Dorian Anderson
Somerville MA
bikingforbirds.blogspot.com