[CT Birds] Stratford Highlights

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Wed Dec 25 15:55:54 EST 2013

Long Beach:
2nd Cycle Iceland continues on jetty and beach at end of lot
Watched 2 Harriers dive bomb the gulls on the jetty scattering them with one coming up with a Dunlin.  They proceeded to the next jetty while one ate for a bit and then the other moved closer and took/was given something to eat.  Very interesting to watch.
Dark Morph seen hunting "Osprey" style over marshes

Boat Ramp
LB Dowitcher at water's edge by parking lot
Snowy Owl first on fishing pier then a young woman walked right up the pier and sat at a table causing the Snowy after a few minutes to fly to the roof of the old marina building on Beacon Pt. Road until a GBH flee to close and he went to the top of a utility pole.

I have yet to find the Snipe.  Can someone tell me where it is seen most?

Thanks,

Merry Christmas!

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT