[CT Birds] "New" owl at Stratford

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed Dec 25 16:35:13 EST 2013

I guess I should have explained the "new" bird. As far as I  know there had
been 2 birds seen consistently over the last week or two in the  Long Beach
area. I saw 2 on Saturday. I had mentioned to someone that the 2nd  bird we
saw did not look at all well. He went back on Sunday and then called a
rehabber who subsequently came and rescued the bird. That is the one that I and
 others have talked about in the last few days. That would have left only
one of  the birds that had been regularly seen in that area. But yesterday
there were  two again, thus the "new" bird.
Obviously I don't know that there were only 2 there to start  with but I
think most would agree that was what was being consistently seen.  This bird
might have been around or might have come in from somewhere else. For  what
it's worth, I thought one of the two yesterday looked very light, even
lighter than the two I had first seen, and very possibly was an adult bird
although, I know Julian suggested that degree of marking is not a good  measure
of age. Anyhow, that's the reason for my statement.

Don  Morgan
Coventry