[CT Birds] Western Red-Tail, etc.

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Sun Dec 29 09:44:39 EST 2013

Essex 12/28   Anders and I found what we believe is a "light" Western intermediate adult Red-tailed Hawk yesterday in Essex on River Road just south of Great meadow Road.      http://www.flickr.com/photos/109815478@N03/11615297906/lightbox/

We also had at least 5 FOX SPARROWS on Great Meadow Road and a pair of Wood Ducks at the bridge over Falls River on River Road.
Old Saybrook 12/29 South Cove, no sign of Eurasian Wigeon, Pintails, or Shovelers but still impressive numbers of ducks. 210 Gadwall, 55 Am. Coots, 375 Ruddys.

From John and Anders Ogren