[CT Birds] Upsetting news about Bald Eagles.

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Dec 27 06:39:12 EST 2013

I just saw a report on the Weather Channel (of all places) that  in the
last week, 6 Bald Eagles have been found dead or dying, in Utah. They  don't
yet know what's wrong with them and are taking blood samples. To me the  most
worrying thing is, Utah is nothing but a lot of wide open spaces with
nobody in them, so if 6 have been found hundreds could be in the same  situation.
The report included video of the rescue of one adult, which was  found just
floundering in the snow, unable to fly or walk. They were able to  just
walk up to the bird and wrap it in a jacket.
I suppose the worst case scenario is some sort of illness, but  a darker
possibility is mass poisoning, either intentional or from some natural  cause.
I'm sure we will be hearing more about this before long.

Don  Morgan