[CT Birds] Am Robins

twomirers at comcast.net twomirers at comcast.net
Fri Dec 27 16:33:52 EST 2013

Just had an estimated 450 Am. Robins flying over in loose flocks, heading SSW, between 4:10 and 4:20.

Rob Mirer

Today went out to do some birding. I encountered a spot where birds were everywhere, esp Robins in great numbers. Were they moving through? I felt they were because they were not here yesterday. I saw them on a 20 plus acre area on Leadmine brook Rd and North Rd in Harwinton. I was interested in what they were eating so i did some looking for an hr. First though i saw countless Robins - 1,000 plus and more, and added 50+ Bluebird, 20 Cedar Waxwing, Song Sps, some Junco and others as well. This area is an open wetland with Leadmine brook running through it. I listed the berries they were eating below, and who was eating them: