[CT Birds] Guilford, Wild Turkey vs Vultures

Lorraine Gundersen raineg at comcast.net
Sat Dec 28 23:40:37 EST 2013

12-27-13  Guilford, my yard
After using up all the left over turkey to make soup I put the remains outback in our yard. We have had hawks, Crows, Gray Fox, Fisher Cat and even Blue Jays enjoy these offerings over the years.
But today was a first. Black Vultures & Turkey Vultures came to dine together.
Since the late Autumn we have had a small group of Wild Turkey visit the yard almost daily. While the Vultures were enjoying the food, one of the resident Wild Turkeys decided it didn’t like them encroaching on it's territory.
Check out what happened by viewing it on my husbands flickr page.

Here’s the private “Guest Pass” link to the drama - http://flickr.com/gp/bobphoto51/1y6B4q/.

If you click on a picture you can download it by clicking on the " … " symbol on the bottom right of the pic and then click on "View all sizes".  Then you can choose any size to download.

Lorraine Gundersen
Guilford, CT