[CT Birds] 12 Birds of Christmas I missed in 2013

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 14:00:15 EST 2013

I spent about 80% of my birding in 2013 at Hammonasset Beach State Park,
adding birds to my location list when I could.  The other 20% of the time I was
trying for new state birds, which I did add three, including two on the same day -
Black-chinned Humminbird and Golden Eagle.  The third was the Fork-tailed
I did miss quite a few species (more than could be put into this song).  I really
didn't see a Winter Wren or a Sapsucker the whole year?  The top two birds that
have still managed to elude me my whole life in CT are Harlequin Duck and Cape
May Warbler. Enjoy the song!  Enjoy the new year!
On the twelfth day of Christmas,
the bird gods did not send to me
Twelve Iceland Gulls roosting,
Eleven Rusty Blackbirds flocking,