[CT Birds] Barrows Goldeneye Fairfield

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Dec 31 18:37:34 EST 2013

James Purcell has been keeping an eye on that one.

12/26 Penfield Reef, Fairfield, male Barrow's Goldeneye continues at 9;30 am.

Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Penfield Reef, Fairfield, 2:15 pm, male Barrow's Goldeneye continues along
with several thousand scaup and a few White-winged Scoters and Long-tailed
Ducks.

Fri, Dec 20, 2013
I discovered the male Barrow's Goldeneye at Penfield Reef again today,
presumably the same individual from last Saturday. It probably never left,
but I haven't been able to check the reef all week.

Dec 15
I'm sorry for the delayed report, but during the Fairfield-Westport CBC
today, Charlie Barnard, Dave Zawisha, and I found a male Barrow's Goldeneye
at Penfield Reef and a male Eurasian Wigeon at Upper Ash Creek by the
bridge.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT