[CT Birds] 2013 Orange backyard bird list

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 16:23:54 EST 2014

 Birds (60 species) seen on my 1 acre from Jan. 1-Dec 31, 2013
 *=flyover

American goldfinch, Black capped chickadee,Blue Jay,Carolina wren,Cooper's
hawk,Dark eyed junco,Downy woodpecker,Fox sparrow,House finch,House
sparrow,Mourning dove,Northern cardinal,Northern Flicker,red bellied
woodpecker,Hairy woodpecker,Yellow bellied sapsucker,Song sparrow,Tufted
titmouse,White breasted nuthatch,Redbreasted nuthatch,White throated
sparrow,American tree sparrow,*ring billed gull,*Turkey vulture,Sharp
shinned hawk,Brown creeper,golden crowned kinglet,Red tailed hawk,*Canada
Goose,American crow,Common grackle,Red winged blackbird,American
robin,Brown headed cowbird,Pine warbler,Chipping sparrow,Wild turkey,Blue
gray gnatcatcher,Eastern Towhee,European Goldfinch-presumed escapee,Ruby
crowned kinglet,*D.C. Cormorant,Northern Catbird,Black throated blue
warbler,Red eyed vireo,Yellow warbler,Magnolia warbler,Yellow rumped
warbler,Ruby throated hummingbird,Baltimore Oriole,Common
Yellowthroat,House wren,
,Ovenbird, Redstart,Eastern Phoebe, Raven.

2 species that I missed were Cedar waxwings & Pine siskins which have
appeared in past years.
Bev Propen, Orange