[CT Birds] Addendum- 8 Iceland Gulls, 1 Lesser Black-backed Gull today

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Fri Jan 3 17:54:24 EST 2014

After returning home and downloading all 2,107 images I took today at
Circle Beach and after a quick review of those images, I am amending
my earlier reports!

8 Iceland Gulls plus a 1st cycle Lesser Black-backed Gull this
afternoon at Circle Beach. Iceland Gulls: 3 adults (one was the high
flyer when I was leaving), 3-1st cycle and 2-2nd cycle. On the little
sliver of remaining beach with the Gulls a mixed flock of 100
Shorebirds: Ruddy Turnstone, Dunlin, Sanderling and 3 Purple Sandpiper.

Also on the edge of the road (or what wasn't flooded) 9 Am Pipits, 2
Lapland Longspur and a few different Sparrows (sorry- I don't know
what species).

The tide was really high...in fact the marsh at East River was
completely flooded with water and ice, and was going over the road in
a few spots meeting the Sound near Circle Beach. What a great day
gulling. I had over 500 Gulls at Circle Beach and there were
white-wings everywhere!! I may have found more if I wasn't looking
directly into the sun. :^)

Keith Mueller