[CT Birds] Thames River Pacific Loon - No

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 10:54:51 EST 2014

Phil Rusch checked from Avery Point up to the Gold Star Bridge starting at first light and is still looking from Eastern Point Beach right now (10:45am).  I checked from the north end of Fort Trumbull to the mouth of the Thames and back.  We would estimate that there are about 40 loons on the river right now, but no sign of the Pacific Loon found yesterday by Shai Mitra.  It is difficult to get viewing access to all points on the river, so it could very well still be there.

Glenn Williams
Mystic