[CT Birds] OT: Dead Stripers in Sound

Al Collins aecollins83 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 20:05:41 EST 2014

That's interesting that you mention bleeding from the gills. Over the past few years I have seen a lot more stripers with gill parasites. The ones I've seen look like Lironeca , a scary looking animal that can be an inch long. I've wondered if it could affect their health when the conditions get bad.

If you see any more while you are out there, take a look in the gills. You can find pictures of the parasite on Google.