[CT Birds] Hammonassett closed today?

Joseph Budrow jbudrow at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 5 23:33:46 EST 2014

I rolled up to Hammo today at about noon. The gates were closed. Was it due to a lack of plowing? Or something else? People were allowed to walk in but that wasn't happening.

At the feeder today saw some cool teamwork. A blue jay came to my feeders but was not happy at the lack of food on the ground. There wasn't much. He flew to a nearby fence and looked at the suet. He screamed at a red-bellied woodpecker to go to work on the suet. When it did the bj flew to the base of the tree and started eating suet nibs.