[CT Birds] Black Guillemot at Hammonasset

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 17:26:34 EST 2014

From Dan Rottino & Family with John Marshall:
1/1/14--Madison, Hammonasset Beach SP- 1 BLACK GUILLEMOT in winter plumage at Meig's Point.  We first saw it at approximately 3:30pm from the viewing platform, then it moved slightly east.  We moved to the pebble beach to get closer and viewed as it continually dove and resurfaced.  It then moved west closer to us and shore.  We will both submit details to ARCC.  Also 1 LAPLAND LONGSPUR in the nature center parking lot, and a SNOWY OWL on a sandy beach straight out from the Cedar Island viewing platform seen by scores of people.

Dan Rottino
East Haddam