[CT Birds] Pacific Loon at New London

Shaibal Mitra Shaibal.Mitra at csi.cuny.edu
Sat Jan 4 17:58:24 EST 2014

Thanks to Tom Burke for forwarding my call and Frank Mantlik for getting word out on the CT list.

Yes, this was from the New London-Orient Pt ferry, just a short distance south of the slip in NL. It's an adult bird in winter plumage, with a pale, puffy nape and a darker vertical border between the gray of the neck and the white of the throat--very striking.

On my way up on Thursday afternoon, there was a Red-necked Grebe just inside the mouth of the river.

Shai Mitra
Bay Shore, NY

The Campaign for CSI: For College and Community<http://www.csi.cuny.edu/foundation/>