[CT Birds] Pacific Loon Update

Timothy L Thompson tthompso at gdeb.com
Mon Jan 6 13:54:26 EST 2014

1/6/14 - Groton-Thames River (East Side) - Pacific Loon continues!  Loon
has moved upriver (perhaps two hundred yards) above last set of yellow
cranes on Electric Boat side (North) and may be viewable from the parking
lots north of Danielle's Barber shop off Thames Street on Groton side.  We
have a few birders here at the plant that are updating me through the work
day as the Loon is spotted. There are some parking areas north of the
plant where you can get some bin/scope viewing in.  Loon last reported
feeding/swimming northward on Groton side, out of the wind.  CAUTION: DO
NOT USE OR PULL OUT A CAMERA ANYWHERE NEAR EB !!   There is no room for
error here.  Security is strictly enforced. Good luck!

Timothy L. Thompson
Norwich,CT