[CT Birds] Snowy Owl/Eurasian Wigeon/Rough-legged Hawk etc.

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 19:30:24 EST 2014

>From Robert Dixon
1/7/14 - East Haven, Brazos Rd. - Strong winds, cold temps. and strong surf made for poor viewing. I'm sure the Barrow's and the Harlequin - were there but I dipped.
Branford. Linden Ave. - drake EURASIAN WIGEON sitting on rocks across from house #139.
Madison. Circle Beach - dark phase ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK working the marsh, SNOW BUNTING (3), BALD EAGLE. No Iceland Gulls seen by me but Noble Proctor had two down the beach.
Madison, Hammonasset - LAPLAND LONGSPUR, SNOW BUNTING (3), FIELD SPARROW.
Old Saybrook, Saybrook Pt. - RUDDY DUCK (15), GADWALL.
East Lyme, Rocky Neck - SURF SCOTER (6).
Old Lyme, Great Island - SNOWY OWL, NORTHERN HARRIER (3 including one tangling with Snowy Owl in flight).
Sterling yard - FOX SPARROW and YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER continue.

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct.06377
860-564-4638 h