[CT Birds] Feeder Crows

Joe Zygala shilohdad01 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 11:08:35 EST 2014

When I first started doing Project FeederWatch in 2007, and for a year or two after, I would sometimes get crows coming to feed off the seed on the ground. There were usually just 1 or 2, and they were very wary. At that time I had my feeders on poles in the middle of the yard, about 40' from the house. Because squirrels alway seemed to figure out a way around the baffles, I now hang my feeders from a wire stretched between 2 trees, and they are only 10'-15' from the house. Since doing that, the crows don't come anymore. Every so often, one will land in the middle of the yard, think about coming closer, but then fly off.

Joe Zygala
South Salem, NY (a.k.a., West Ridgefield)

Sent from my iPad