[CT Birds] NHBC 1st Wed Walk Highlights

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:34:15 EST 2014

The bitter cold did not deter twelve intrepid birders from covering almost all of Sherwood Island SP with me today.The temperature was 9 degrees when we began and it was a balmy 19 degrees when we finished up at noon. Highlights of the 46 species seen today included Northern Harrier,Common Raven,Brown Thrasher,and 3 male Eastern Towhees. We actually saw the thrasher and the towhees at the same time and we heard the towhees calling as well.It was a great day to be out birding with a great,fun group.
Thanks to everyone who came.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone