[CT Birds] Wind Turbines And Bird Migration

Gene Leganza gleganza at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:21:59 EST 2014

Apologies for the non-sighting and non-CT post but I know of several CT
birders who go to Magee Marsh on the south shore of Lake Erie for its
remarkable spring migration experience. Unfortunately, some very poorly
sited wind turbines are being built in that location. The American Bird
Conservancy and Black Swamp Bird Observatory are planning on filing suit to
stop it. You can support them by signing their petition here:

http://www.bsbo.org

Like most of us very concerned with the environment, I'm enthusiastic about
alternative energy but this has to be the worst possible site for turbines.

Gene
gleganza at gmail.com