[CT Birds] Snowy Owl - Long Wharf, New Haven.

Robert Hutton rvhuk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 18:44:52 EST 2014

The Snowy Owl was located on the rocky outcrop Sound side of Long Wharf pier this afternoon. I was there for a little over an hour but had been there for half that time before I saw the bird. Other birds on view were a number of Canada Geese, about eight Greater Scaups a dozen American Black Ducks,Herring Gulls and Ring Billed Gulls plus a number of other ducks half way down Long Wharf towards the Vietnam Memorial. Four Horned larks have been regulars there feeding by the path beside the memorial where some kind soul dropped off some seeds.