[CT Birds] Quinebaug/Sterling/Stonington/N. Stonington

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sun Jan 12 17:46:22 EST 2014

>From Robert Dixon
1/12/14 - Plainfield, Quinebaug Fish Hatchery Sunday Bird walk - (6 birders / 37 species) - COMMON RAVEN, WINTER WREN, BALD EAGLE (4), RING-NECKED DUCK (3) and SWAMP SPARROW (2).
Sterling yard with Tim Thompson, Sara Zagorski, Tina Green, Deb Mctigue and Linda Dixon - RUSTY BLACKBIRD, EASTERN BLUEBIRD (6) and RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD  (nice group of 25).
At Barn Island, Stonington we had the continuing BLACK-HEADED GULL and GREATER YELLOWLEGS.
Stonington Pt. - we found SNOW BUNTING (10), PEREGRINE FALCON, COMMON EIDER (2) and SURF SCOTER (3).
N.Stonington, Ryder Rd. with Tim, Deb and Linda - imm. RED-HEADED WOODPECKER continues.

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct. 06377
860-564-4638 h