[CT Birds] Parking at Brazos Rd

Paul Smith paulsmith29 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 01:10:24 EST 2014

I, too, was worried about the private beach signs at Brazos Rd in East Haven.  However, the woman who owns the undeveloped beach lot at the end of Brazos Rd. approached me excitedly in early December to ask if I'd seen the Barrow's Goldeneye.  She lives a block back from the beach.  She's thrilled to have birders coming.  However she does not want people walking their dogs on the beach.   So we have her enthusiastic permission.  I'm not sure exactly how much of the beach that encompasses, but I think the private property only extends to the high tide line.

Paul Smith
New Haven