[CT Birds] Great Island Birds

Bob MacDonnell bob at macdonnellphoto.com
Mon Jan 6 18:16:50 EST 2014

I stopped there this afternoon just before dark to look look for the
owls. Lighting conditions were tough, but at about 4:30 the
Short-eared Owl flew from the island across to the mainland (OL) just
north of the boat ramp, and I lost sight of it. It could have been
hunting the fields around the houses or gone across the road to the
Black Hall River Marsh. At about 4:45 I saw a Snowy Owl on an Osprey
nest near mid-island. Didn't see where it flew from and no sign of any
other raptors.

Bob MacDonnell