[CT Birds] Wind Turbines And Bird Migration

Mardi Dickinson mardi1d at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 11:15:14 EST 2014

Birders et al,

Thanks for posting this Gene. I received a press release and have also posted this on FB & twitter.
I have been following this issue in Ohio for several years very closely, and yes this is one of those places
that the location of wind turbines could not be worse. If you have ever been to this area as I have, you know
the stunning looks you get from the bird migration path-flight in the spring and other times of the year. This is
the midwest migration corridor. For the record, I am not opposed to alternative energy. I am opposed to the
WRONG LOCATION of wind turbines in the middle of a major bird migration corridor directly!

Here is the direct link and contact info. http://www.abcbirds.org/newsandreports/releases/140108.html

This could very well happen in CT without us even knowing it as this is how the wind turbine companies
work in silence. So, keep you ears to the ground and your eyes sharp to any signs of erecting these huge

Mardi Dickinson
Norwalk CT