[CT Birds] Upcoming Rhode Island Pelagic Trip

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Mon Jan 13 21:23:57 EST 2014

Carlos Pedro is putting together a great pelagic trip for next week
out of Point Judith. This will be one of the only January pelagic
trips scheduled in New England. The November trip was cancelled due to
weather...this is the re-scheduled trip. Here is the information:

Giving it another try for a winter pelagic. I have scheduled a day
Pelagic with the
Frances Fleet for Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014. We will depart the Frances
Fleet Dock
out of Galilee, RI onboard one of their larger fishing boats at 7 AM
and return
at 3:30 PM. The trip will take us out thru Mud Hole to Coxes Ledge and
back thru
the Cod Fishing grounds southeast of Block Island. The cost of the
trip for 30 of us will be
$100 each. This includes a 10% tip for the crew.

Birds during this time may include Black-legged Kitiwakes, Dovekie,
Common Murre
Razorbills, Glaucous and Iceland Gulls.Hoped for are Atlantic Puffin and
Thick-billed Murre. Great Skua being the lottery bird.

Boat Information and directions to the Dock can be obtained by
Googling 'Frances
Fleet". Sightings on past trips can be found at Paul Letoile's Website
'RIBIRD'.

If you are interested please e-mail me at dcpedro at cox.net as soon as possible
to reserve your spot. Thanks for making these trips possible.

Carlos Pedro