[CT Birds] Rough-legged Hawk photos from 1-13-14

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 23:34:43 EST 2014

Proving that persistence sometimes pays off. I saw this bird  three
separate times. The first time he came and hovered right over my head. I  didn't
have my camera. The second time I was ready but he was quite distant and
moved away from me. The third time he came out of nowhere and circled right over
 my head.
(No, I don't really know if it's a "he". I believe it's a  juvenile but I'm
not sure of that. Perhaps someone has a better idea than I how  to tell sex
and age on a Rough-leg).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0u16him7njqndhm/f_pDWACTC0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0u16him7njqndhm/f_pDWACTC0

Click on the first pic to enlarge, then advance using arrows  bottom
center.

Don  Morgan
Coventry